I am so excited to be writing this post inviting you all to embrace play and share it's magic, wonder, joy and importance!
A wonderful and clever bunch of fellow Aussie kid bloggers are launching an instagram community this week and we would just love for you to get involved.
We all love watching our children playing happily, but what is play and why is it so important for our children? These are two questions I love to answer by the way!!
Play is voluntary, it is self chosen by the child making it enjoyable, fun, symbolic and meaningful to them! It is that simple and can take many varied and wonderful forms.
Play is active, physical, verbal, process orientated, intrinsically motivated and above all
a fundamental right of all children!
Through play children have the opportunity to construct ideas, solve problems and make sense of the world in which they live. In a nutshell play builds and shapes the architecture of the brain in a very unique way!
Play is central to emotional and social regulation and wellbeing.
Play helps children to develop empathy, reasoning and perspective.
and that's the short answer
How can you get on board and help us spread the word that playmatters?
We would love for you to join our community and it's as simple as this
- Sign up to Instagram if you haven't already.
- Upload any photos you snap of your children 'playing'.
- Tag the photo with #playmatters so that we can find you.
- You may like to browse through the #playmatters photos by searching the #playmatters tag. This is a great way to discover some new ideas.
- I would love for you to follow me and come say hi on my Instagram page playingandlearningbeginsathome
- You may also be keen to follow us on pinterest here #playmatters
- Upload as many photos as you like.
- Everyone is welcome.
Here is the list of wonderful kid bloggers launching this great initiative
You will find most of my #playmatters tagged photos shared on my facebook page.
I am so very excited to see what you have to share!
Let's all work together to make sure the whole world knows that
Play and learn